Tuff Coat Rubberized Non Skid Coating
- Tuff Coat UT-100F provides a Non-Skid, No-Slip surface
- Chemical Resistant
- Tuff Coat Non-Skid Coating can be Sprayed on or Rolled on
- Adheres to; Fiberglass, Plastic, Concrete Wood, Vinyl, Metal, Rubber, Asphalt. This makes Tuff Coat ideal for Marine use.
- Tuff Coat Primer and Roller sold seperately
All Tuff Coat product sales are final and not returnable. These items include (Tuff Coat Rubberized Non Skid Coating, Tuff Coat Water Based Primer, Textured Tuff Coat Roller)
- What prep work is required before using Tuff Coat?
The Surface must be cleaned thoroughly. If residue is left in the area you wish to apply Tuff Coat, you can run into adhesive problems during application. Tuff Coat recommends "Zep Industrial Purple" as a de-greaser and surface cleaner. After the surface is cleaned, Tuff Coat Primer can be applied.
- Is the primer required?
Absolutely, if you are applying Tuff Coat for the first time, the primer must be applied before Tuff Coat Rubberized Coating is applied. Tuff coat will last up to 7-10 years, if you are re-applying Tuff Coat to an area that has Tuff Coat already, one coat is all you?ll need for another 7-10 years.
- Does the primer need to dry before application of Paint?
Yes. Primer dries in about 4 hours, for wet concrete surfaces Tuff Coat recommends letting the primer dry overnight.
- Do I have to use the Tuff Coat Roller?
If you plan on applying Tuff coat with a roller, the Tuff Coat Roller is required. It has a unique honeycomb design that spreads rubber coating evenly. The Tuff Coat Roller is very durable and can be rinsed and re-used numerous times. The roller is designed with a plastic core so the roller can be cut to size for your specific need. Generic rollers from the hardware store will not disperse the rubber properly.
As an alternative to rolling, Tuff coat you can also be applied using an Under Coating or Cup Gun, Drywall Hopper Gun or a Texture Spray Rig for bigger projects.
- Will the Tuff Coat Fade? If so how long will it last?
Tuff coat will last up to 7-10 years, if you are re-applying Tuff Coat to an area that has Tuff Coat already, one coat is all you?ll need for re-application.
- What materials is this designed for?
Tuff Coat UT-100F is designed for Wood and Fiberglass
- How many cans will I need to cover my boat?
One Gallon of Tuff Coat will cover approximately 50 sq/ft of area
- Should I use gloves or masks when working with Tuff Coat?
A mask is not necessary when applying Primer and Tuff Coat Rubberized corner, when cleaning and prepping the surface for primer a mask is suggested. When applying Tuff Coat gloves are a good idea since Tuff Coat dries very quickly and may be a challenge to wash off.
- At what temperatures should Tuff Coat be applied?
Tuff Coat recommends temperatures exceeding 40 degrees Fahrenheit