General Boating Supply Storage
You can keep tools and other important supplies in a dock box, such as:
- Polishes and waxes to make sure your boat always looks its best.
- Towels, rags, and other similar items.
- Hoses or extension cords.
- Fishing gear, rod holders (a fishermen's dock box is most ideal), and general boating gear.
Safety supplies are another collection of items you may want to keep in your patio storage box, to make sure you’re always prepared for a safe journey on the water. This includes:
- Power washer to make sure your part of the dock and your boat are free from splinters, dirt, and grime.
- Dock bumpers so you can protect the dock and your boat when the water is rough.
- Extra rope for the secure and safe mooring of your boat.
- Additional life jackets, so you always know you have some close to hand.
Water Sport Gear Storage
So far, we’ve covered the important practical and safety accessories, tools, and supplies you may want to keep in a dock box. As most boating trips are supposed to be fun, unless it’s part of your livelihood, we wanted to highlight the miscellaneous fun items you could store in a dock box. These include:
- A portable music player or radio and a selection of your favorite music to blast out when you’re on the water.
- Wakeboards, water skis, and other extreme watersports equipment and accessories if you’re an adrenaline junkie. It’s much better to store these bulkier items in a dock box where they’ll be safe, rather than strapping them to your car each time you want to hit the water.
- Noodles and floats, if you intend on going out for a swim on the water, and want a safe and fun way.
- Games and balls for families and kids. Dock boxes are perfect for storing water games, beach balls, and other aquatic toys.